Saturday 18 October 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon! (Hours 10-12)


Hour 10 (5pm)

Grrr! I got distracted again and ended up preparing for later tonight (though I suppose I would have had to do it at some point anyway...) instead of finishing my book! Boo. :( And I'm gonna have to get something for supper soon too...

What I'm currently reading: Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad by Reki Kawahara
Pages read since last update: 0
Pages read overall: 161
Mini challenges completed: 1 (Opening meme)
What I'm currently eating: Nothing
What I'm currently drinking: Nothing

Hour 11 (6pm)

Supper time! ...And I got side-tracked and ended up watching some TV while I ate instead of reading. Bad Becca! I am determined to finish my book in the next hour though! It.Will.Happen!

What I'm currently reading: Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad by Reki Kawahara
Pages read since last update: 0
Pages read overall: 161
Mini challenges completed: 1 (Opening meme)
What I'm currently eating: Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Yum!
What I'm currently drinking: A glass of white milk (Fun Fact: I almost always have a glass of milk with my meals. ^_^)

Mid-Event Survey

  1. What are you reading right now? I'm still reading my first book, Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad by Reki Kawahara, BUT I'm almost finished. I should have it completely read by the hour's end. :)
  2. How many books have you read so far? Almost 1... :/ I'm hoping to read another one or two though! My reading should pick up now that it's night time where I live. 
  3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? A Perfect Gentle Knight by Kit Pearson. It's a childrens book that I've owned for years and read many times. I'm excited to give it yet another re-read. ^_^
  4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I haven't really had any interruptions, but I have gotten distracted or side-tracked a few times. I gave myself permission to not feel too bad about them though, as I think I just needed a break when I was getting that way anyway. It gave me a chance to clear my head, so I could enjoy reading more once again.
  5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon so far? How quickly it's gone by! It feels like I've only been up a couple of hours, when really I've been up for almost a whole day now! I'm also a little surprised how side-tracked I've gotten. I thought I would have read more by now. At least I'm still enjoying myself though. :)

Hour 12 (7pm)

This hour was really just me being lazy and getting caught up from the time I took "off" for supper. I spent a lot of it updating my blog and checking out Twitter and other social media sites.

What I'm currently reading: Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad by Reki Kawahara
Pages read since last update: 0
Pages read overall: 161
Mini challenges completed: 2 (Opening meme and Mid-event survey)
What I'm currently eating: Nothing
What I'm currently drinking: Plain, old (not really- it's fresh out of the tap, I swear! :P) water

No comments:

Post a Comment