Sunday 19 October 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon! (Hours 16-24)


Hour 16 (11pm)

I started another book, and one I've read before and really like too. I'm thinking I'm going to have to sleep after this though, which may mean that I miss out on the rest of the read-a-thon... Oh well. If that's the case, it's been fun while it's lasted!

What I'm currently reading: A Perfect Gentle Knight by Kit Pearson
Pages read since last update: 28
Pages read overall: 232
Mini challenges completed: 2 (Opening meme and Mid-event survey)
What I'm currently eating: Nothing
What I'm currently drinking: Nothing

Hour 24 (7am)

Yeah, so I did indeed decide to take a "nap", which then turned into a decent (7 hours) night's sleep. I ended up waking up about half an hour after the Read-a-thon had ended. 

What I'm currently reading: Nothing (sadly), as the Read-a-thon has now ended.
Pages read since last update: 0
Pages read overall: 232
Mini challenges completed: 3 (Opening meme, Mid-event survey, and End of event meme)
What I'm currently eating: Nothing
What I'm currently drinking: Nothing

End of Event Meme

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Well since I zonked out after Hour 16, I'd say that one. ;) I was fighting the urge to sleep the entire hour (and it obviously eventually won. :P)
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I personally like to read shorter books/graphic novels during read-a-thons. Some popular examples of those would be the Saga series by Brian K. Vaughan (for older Readers), Four by Veronica Roth, and one of my personal favourites, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. I think it was executed perfectly, and I look forward to next year's, for sure!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon? I'm thinking this happens ever Read-a-thon (Forgive me, I'm a newb!), but I really loved how there was a different host every couple of hours, who would man the blog and Twitter. I suppose it's also really smart/practical to have it set up that way though too. :)
  5. How many books did you read? Theoretically none, but I did finish one I'd only recently started before the Read-a-thon, and start another. (I'd call that one, personally. ;])
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad by Reki Kawahara and A Perfect Gentle Knight by Kit Pearson.
  7. Which book did you enjoy the most? A Perfect Gentle Knight by Kit Pearson
  8. Which did you enjoy the least? Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad by Reki Kawahara
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders? I wasn't a Cheerleader during this Read-a-thon, but I'm seriously considering signing up to be one for next year's!
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely be participating in next year's, and I'd love to be a Cheerleader (along with being a Reader).

No comments:

Post a Comment