Monday 11 May 2015

Bout of Books 13.0 Day 1 Update

Day 1 of the read-a-thon is nearly over, so it's time for me to do a quick overview of how my day has gone and complete today's challenge. Let's go!

Today I worked from 9 till 5, but I was still able to read a decent amount of pages on my breaks, and I've basically spent the rest of my evening reading as much as I can, so I've racked up a decent amount of pages read, all things considered. I've been slowing ploughing through Lord of the Flies by William Golding over the last few weeks and I (finally) managed to read the last 50 pages of it today. I also started (and have now nearly finished) Sword Art Online 4: Fairy Dance by Reki Kawahara. I hope to finish this before bed, but at this point I'm at the 175 page mark. That leaves my Day 1 page count at a nice, even 225 pages. I'm hoping to at least reach 250 pages though. *fingers crossed*

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to read next, as I didn't really come up with a TBR for the week, but I am currently reading a couple of books and there are a few manga and graphic novels I wouldn't mind getting to as well. We shall see tomorrow, in my update, what I end up picking up, I suppose. :3

And, like with Bout of Books 9.0, I'll start my update tomorrow (and the rest of the week's) by first stating how many more pages and whatnot I was able to read the previous night. I'll also keep a running list of all my stats at the bottom of each of the update posts, just for easier reference.

Now for today's challenge.

Bookish Survey

On Writing My Own Fairytale, there was the Bookish Survey Challenge. This challenge just required you to answer a few simple questions. It also included a giveaway! Woo! The winner will receive their choice of book worth up to $15 from the Book Depository. My answers to the questions are below. :)

  1. How do you organize your shelves? I keep my bookshelves organized with three things in mind. First is genre, second is height/type of book (hardcover, paperback, etc.), and third is alphabetical by author last name. This isn't always 100% used though, depending how how the books look or fit on the shelves. ;)
  2. What is one of your favourite books that's not in one of your favourite genres? I like many contemporary books, but it's not my favourite genre. My favourite contemporary novel, therefore, is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
  3. What is the last 5 star book you read? This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki, which is a young adult graphic novel. It's still considered to be a book, right? :)
  4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? If I do actually decide to read it, probably City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. It's been loooooong overdue for a while now for me to finish the TMI series, so I'm super excited to fiiiiinally get to the last two books!
  5. What book do you recommend the most? The book I'd recommend anyone and everyone to at least try to read would be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's a beautiful book, written in such an interesting and unique way, and, I think, if you get past the length and meatiness of it, it could be one of the best books you ever read. I only read it late last year, and it's now probably my favourite standalone book ever!

And... that's it for today. Tune in for another update around this time tomorrow. Happy read-a-thoning!


Total pages read: 225
Books started: 1
Books finished: 1
Challenges completed: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment